The Grimes Giving Garden will have 86 plots available for the 2023 season. Each plot measures 15’ x 20’. These changes are due to the parking lot extension at Maranatha Baptist Church. The price per plot has also increased from $10 to $15. You are still able to reserve either one or two plots per household.
Reserve Your Plot
Plots can be reserved on a first-come-first-serve basis. Because the plot layout and numbers have changed, we are unable to place individuals in the same plot as last year. Parks and Recreation staff will not be assigning plots.
All Giving Garden participants must create an account to reserve their garden plot. We strongly encourage anyone who knows they want to reserve a plot, to please create an account now so that when registration opens, they will already have that step completed.
Registration will open Monday, April 3 at 9 am, to last year's garden participants and Maranatha Baptist Church members, who will receive a registration link by email. After the first week, registration will be opened up to the public on Monday, April 10 and the registration link will be posted here and on the City's social media. Registration will be open until full.
Steps to Reserve
- Create your account
- Select the garden plot(s) you'd like to reserve on the interactive map, which is updated in real-time. Plots that are reserved already will not show up as available on the map. If your first-choice plot is already reserved, please move on to your second-choice, etc.
- Call the Parks & Recreation Department to check for availability at 515-986-2143.
- Participants will still need to sign a contract to participate. The contracts will come in a separate email on the day of your registration. Please provide an electronic signature to the contract and send it back. This will complete your registration process.
If you need assistance creating an account, there will be two days during registration when staff will be available at the Grimes Community Complex to assist you with creating your account and reserving your spot. Payment made in person is limited to credit cards and checks. No cash will be accepted.
Dates for In-Person Registration
- Tuesday, April 4 (9 am – 2 pm)
- Wednesday, April 5 (9 am – 2 pm)
View the Map
Click here to view a map of the plots.
Maranatha Baptist Church, 877 SE 19th St., Grimes, IA 50111
- 4/3-4/30 Tilling is being completed and plots marked out
- 4/30- You may start planting (Do not start planting before this date)
- 10/20- Plots must be cleaned up
*These dates are subject to change without notice.