GRIMES SOUTH SPORTS COMPLEX (6th and James St.)
This 45- acre complex is located at 300 South James Street, just south of the South Prairie Elementary School. Constructed in 2002, it includes two tennis courts; multiple soccer fields (9 acres) including one lit tournament field; three sand volleyball courts; three softball fields; four baseball fields; two basketball courts (4 hoops); a skate park; walking trails; restrooms; 2 concession stands, 487 parking spots, and a large play structure by the south concession stand.
Field Use Policy (click here for the full version of the approved policy)-
The following listed groups are prioritized with 1 having the highest scheduling priority for usage of all sports fields.
1. Dallas Center –Grimes Schools (Sports Complex – 28E agreement)
2. City of Grimes
3. Grimes Sports Clubs- includes DCG Baseball Club, DCG Softball Association, DCG Soccer Club
4. Local Teams- Not affiliated with the clubs. Must be more than 75% DCG kids on the roster
5. Local Businesses
6. All other, which includes all other teams not directly involved with Grimes recreational sports clubs based on availability. (i.e.: AAU, USSSA, ASA or select teams)
All priority for scheduling requests must be made to the City of Grimes (515-986-2143) to confirm availability for use. If a conflict occurs and two sports clubs/teams arrive to play on a field at the same time, the scheduled team stays on the field, the other team must relocate. Enforcement- City of Grimes Staff (515-986-2143 during business hours or 515-205-8881 outside of business hours), Grimes sports club board presidents, Polk County Sheriffs Dept. (Non-Emergency Number- 515-286-3333)
Field Rental Agreement Form- click here
Grimes Sports Complexes and Parks Rental Fees - click here
*If you would like to rent the fields outside of the local clubs times using our fields, please email Brett at email@example.com or call the Parks and Rec Office at 515-986-2143.
Grimes South Sports Complex Map- click here
Grimes South Sports Complex Shelter
This shelter is located by the south concession stand and contains 2 picnic tables, restrooms, and electrical. It's perfectly situated in between green space, sand volleyball courts, and the big play structure This shelter is mostly booked during soccer club season and baseball club season (mid-March to mid-June).
Coming From the East:
1) Off Hwy 141, exit onto Hwy 44 West.
2) Going West on Hwy 44 coming into Grimes, turn south on James Street. (Center of town)
3) Grimes Sports Complex is located 2 blocks south on the West side of James Street.
Coming from the West:
1) Going East on Hwy 44 coming into Grimes, turn south on James Street. (Center of town)
2) Grimes Sports Complex is located 2 blocks south on the West side of James Street.
Ice Skating Rink
Started in the Winter of 2008, this rink is located within the Grimes Sports Complex which is along South James Street south of Highway 44 and west of the South Prairie Elementary School. Skating is at your own risk and no skates are provided.
Located on the south side of the Grimes Sports Complex off of South James Street. Parking and the closest entrance is on the southeast side of the complex.
GRIMES NORTH SPORTS COMPLEX - click here
Phase I construction (base option plus add-on options) began Spring 2011. The completed project includes three phases that adds up to $2.3 million. Phase I ($850,000) was funded by the City Park TIF that was allocated each year to the parks. Phase I should be completed by Fall 2012 and will provide irrigated softball fields (without fencing) and greenspace for soccer.
Phase II and Phase III start dates have not been determined.
This complex is located off of North James Street behind the North Ridge Elementary School in Grimes. This 26-acre sports complex will have 5 little league softball fields, 1 adult softball field, over 5 acres of greenspace for soccer, 2 tennis courts, basketball courts, a concession stand, and 238 parking spots.