The Grimes Parks and Recreation is located inside of the Grimes Community Complex (old Middle School), located at 410 SE Main Street in Grimes. The Department is responsible for all City Parks, Grimes Community Complex, Summer Rec Program, and numerous other community Recreation Programs.
Grimes Parks and Recreation Office Hours:
May 1 - Sept. 30: 9:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
October 1- April 30: 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
(After-Hours Registration/Payment Drop Box available outside the GCC.)
Recreation Office Phone:
Grimes Parks and Recreation Director
410 SE Main St.
Grimes, Ia 50111
It is the mission of the Grimes Parks and Recreation Department to create recreational opportunities for growth and enhancement by developing services and programs that promote citizen involvement and a strong sense of community while striving to increase the social, cultural, and physical well-being of its residents and visitors.
Grimes Parks & Recreation Department Goals:
- Provide clean and safe parks, green spaces, and recreational facilities.
- Provide efficient services to residents regardless of income, background, and ability.
- Effectively plan for the future needs of Grimes residents.
- Continually strive to improve existing facilities while seeking opportunities for future development.
- To improve the quality of life for all citizens.